Thursday 21 September 2017

National Citizen Service (NCS)

Hi my lovelies,
Let’s talk about NCS!
NCS stands for National Citizen Service… it’s for 15-17 year olds where you live away from home experiencing new skills new tasks, explore who you really are, boost your CV, make new friends etc.
🏡

What is NCS?

NCS is a 4 week program taken place in spring, summer, autumn.

1st week (phrase 1) adventure somewhere away from where you live but still in the UK. There you’ll learn to overcome any fears, live independently, new skills etc. Camp style…

Every Friday of the first two weeks you’ll be leaving to go home so weekends are at home.

2nd week (phrase 2) discovery so you’ll be at a local university leaving home and learning university skills such as budgeting, cooking and living by yourself and experience whether university is for you or not? Of course your team members and a member of staff will be near by at all times! So  rest assured!

3rd and 4th week is social action project weeks where you’ll be home up downing to your team’s chosen project and its location that could be a charity, community service anything you feel passionate about as a team!

AND Finally graduation day where you look back at the beautiful and awesome memories you made and feel proud as to where you came as individuals and as a team! Congratulations for reaching here!

Now I’ll share my NCS story…
Hi, I’m komal (who was 16 years old when I did NCS 2015, just after finishing my GCSEs at school) I asked my parents whether I should do NCS or not and they replied “Of course you should!” So I did!

Nervous, anxious, scared, worried but a little happy that I applied for NCS despite going alone without a friend or anyone. So my parents paid £50 on my behalf for transport, food, accommodation everything included in that £50. With my 1-2 suitcases of important items mentioned on the NCS email, I got on board with the NCS crew and students and headed for camp.
On the way there. We played games, talked to our couch partners to break the ice and had fun!
We finally reached and we all carried our suitcases to the allocated room where we had to rest, eat and start our first activity etc. Then we got allocated tents and tent partners 6 people in one tent so 3 on each side of tent. I had 2 very supportive tent members which I shared my tent area with, who were also my team members too! Lucky me! 

That week we did various activities and skills such as talent show, rock climbing but with a tree, team building exercises, 10k expedition etc. Scared of heights but I did it! And a phone call to my mum who encouraged me as always to carry on and to remember why I started in the first place. So thank you, Mummy, and my team members and staff members for putting up with me as I was ill too! Home on Friday night was blissful.

Thanks for reading, bye!


2 comments:

  1. Your way of explaining all in this piece of writing is truly nice, every one can easily understand it, Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi colleagues, how is everything, and what you want to say regarding this paragraph, in my view its truly remarkable in favor of me.

    ReplyDelete

National Citizen Service (NCS)

Hi my lovelies, Let’s talk about NCS! NCS stands for National Citizen Service… it’s for 15-17 year olds where you live away from home expe...